Some of the most experienced and creative members of the California agritourism community recently shared their expertise on challenges including marketing, permitting, connecting with tourism partners and creating a great customer experience. Recordings and presentations from the five “Agritourism Conversations” webinars held May 19 through July 14 are now posted on the UC Small Farm Program website for anytime viewing. Thanks to all the speakers!
Some tips from the last webinar,
Five-star Customer Experience:
- Your website is your customers’ very first impression. Make it EASY to find information, contact you and book online.
- Your farm entrance sets your guests’ expectations. Look at it again.
- Your brand is not your logo. Your brand is what people perceive you to be.
- Give overnight guests a “danger tour”.
- Teach your staff the “4/10 rule”.
- Parking and potties are always #1 concerns.
- Handle problems immediately. Have a plan.
- Exceed customer expectations. They’ll tell others and come back for more.